Lecture Notes Toward a Theory of Everything — Information, Power, and Problems
Posted on September 25, 2018
A discussion and overview of the following ideas
- Why we see things differently.
- Why we don’t like to be wrong.
- Why it is dangerous to question authority.
- Where we got the letter A.
- The morbidity of Puritan children’s books.
- How culture and community impact information.
- The origin of the political parties in America.
- How information is dangerous and can be used to disrupt or preserve a social order.
take note of the following terms:
- cognitive dissonance
- confirmation bias
- disconfirmation bias
- oppositional media hostility
- top-down information systems
- bottom-up information systems
- public sphere
- social responsibility theory of journalism
- the Fairness Doctrine
- Net Neutrality
Information Literacy Frame(s) Addressed:
Discipline(s):AnthropologyArchaeologyLibrary and Information ScienceMultidisciplinaryPolitical SciencePsychology
Type of Institution:
License Assigned:CC Attribution License CC-BY