Looking for an efficient way to get an overview of a body of research on your topic? A review article is a great place to start.
A review article provides an analysis of the state of research on a set of related research questions. Review articles often:
- summarize key research findings;
- reference must-read articles;
- describe current areas of agreement as well as controversies and debates;
- point out gaps in knowledge and unanswered questions;
- suggest directions for future research.
Information Literacy Frame(s) Addressed:
Discipline(s):Not Discipline Specific
Type of Institution:
License Assigned:CC Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License CC-BY-NC-SA
Other Attribution Information:Authors: Caitlin Meyer, Shannon Roux Contributors: UCLA Undergraduate Research Center - Sciences, UCLA Undergraduate Research Center - Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences, UCLA Undergraduate Writing Center, Doug Worsham