- Set a date, time, and venue for the event.
- Thirty minutes to one hour is recommended.
- Arrange refreshments if being held in person.
- Determine a way to collect metrics on participant activity.
- Determine if computers will be provided at the venue, or if individuals will be bringing/using their own equipment.
- Send communication inviting people to participate in the upload-a-thon. Ask for an RSVP if large numbers are anticipated.
Account Set Up
- Review instructions on ACRL Framework Sandbox Infographic.
- Distribute the ACRL Framework Sandbox Infographic and ask participants to follow instructions and set up accounts ahead of time.
Hosting an Upload-a-thon
- Greet/welcome participants.
- Establish goals for the group (e.g. every participant will upload 3 instructional materials to the Sandbox).
- Demonstrate one deposit to the Sandbox and answer any questions.
- Document the experience with photos or reactions from participants.
- Thank participants.